founded in May 1999
Knife River, MN
Playing With Yarn is located on the North Shore of Lake Superior in the quaint shore town of Knife River, just 15 minutes from Duluth. The shop sits 100 feet from the lake and there is a beautiful view of Knife Island that is only a 1/2 mile off-shore. Whether you stop in to buy, chat, or for lessons you won’t want to leave because of the beautiful view from inside the shop. Click here to visit Google maps for complete directions to Playing With Yarn from anywhere in North America.
We are open but requiring masks and limited the shop to 6 customers at a time. Also we have new hours:
Sunday – closed
Monday – 10 to 4
Tuesday – closed
Wednesday – 10 – 5
Thursday – 10 – 4
Friday – 10 – 5
Saturday – 10 – 5
Judy comes from a long line of fiber workers. She could embroider and knit before she could read and has built on this during her lifetime. She weaves, spins, crochets, does bobbin lace and other fiber arts! Her passion is lace in all forms. She loves fine threads and challenging pieces AND she loves to share her love of fibers!
- To make available exceptional yarns and equipment for knitters, weavers and other fiber and needlework people. Exceptional in quality, fiber content and style.
- To provide assistance and instruction that further peoples abilities, understanding and enjoyment of the fiber arts.
- To create an atmosphere that is comfortable and safe feeling.
- To promote understanding and appreciation of the fiber arts.
- To share my excitement in using and creating with fiber.
- To have an economically solid base and to provide an income for myself.